Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Friday, August 14, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

August 14, 1964
Friday, cool, 58 hi.  I washed in am and took Carol to W. Oneonta with David's car.  He went to Boston with Murphy.  Clifton, Sue and I went to Kingston after Doug at 7 pm, home at 10.
Comment: "Murphy" was the developer of Timberland so David is probably on a charcoal delivery run to Boston with somebody..., not me.....Doug is coming home most every weekend...not bad duty.....Here is Doug in the 1954 yearbook picture...When he was 10 years old, his eyes were injured in a car accident with me. I was 14, we were hunting woodchucks from my Dad's 1938 Buick when I was distracted by him trying to load a pump action .22 and ran straight into a large oak tree. He was injured when his head bounced off the metal dashboard. I was uninjured.

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"