Sunday, May 06, 2012

Wednesday, May 6, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 6, 1964
Wednesday, beautiful, clear day, 70.  David, Clifton and I went to Cobleskill in am.  David and Ronnie Schemerhorn worked for Earl in pm.  Clifton worked on garage door.  Saw first barn swallows.
Comment: Another beautiful day on the hill. Barn swallows are amazing fliers and I always loved watching them....here is what I said about them in one of my Songpoemstories: 


"Swallows from the barn would swoop and dive to dine in flight
Their slate-blue wings would flash and gleam with flicking, glinting lights."


Here are swallows drinking on-the-wing. I saw a video of one, while roosting during rain, catch individual rain drops.....


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"