Monday, May 28, 2012

Thursday, May 28, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 28, 1964
Thursday, cool, mostly cloudy.  Clifton didn't work and we went to Mother's for dinner and did some shopping in Cobleskill; bought paint and hardware for the house.  Called on Papa and Billy.  LaVerne and Roberta here in evening.  I forgot about prayer meeting.
Comment: Papa was, of course, Clarence Barber, my mom's father. Billy was my mother's mother's sister and therein lies a tale that's been told before.....In 2011 I returned to Papa's farm and Kelsy Hill and pictures of the old homestead. The only structure that remained true to my memory was the barn pictured here...For the story of Papa, Billy, Bessie and Norm go here: http://gerryhubbard.blogspot.com/2005/06/susans-memories-of-her-mother_25.html

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"