Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Friday, May 29, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 29, 1964
Friday, cloudy, real cool, windy, 52 high.  The boys, Clifton, and I started to paint the house.  Had letter from Marilyn.  We cleaned the wood house and I washed.  Carol went home with Mary O'Hara after school.
Marilyn, Gerald, LaVerne, 1942 or so
Comment: The house was never painted until I was in my mid-teens and I don't remember the first time it was painted. Here is how it looked in the early forty's....it deteriorated after that until the mid-fifties when Dad started to make some money on construction jobs thanks to Eisenhower's Interstate Highway System which brought us out of the post-Korean War recession...how come we can't do something like that now? Hmmm

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"