Saturday, January 07, 2012

Wednesday, January 8, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

January 8, 1964
Wednesday, nice day but cool, 62 and east wind blew.  Marilyn, Clifton, Dean and I went to San Diego, got home about 1:30.  Stopped at Anita's to pick up Patty, saw her house.  Went to prayer meeting at night.  Had a letter from mother.
Comment: More sight seeing, nice that they had the opportunity..Mom was very close to her mother btw, here is a picture of Bessie Laraway VanTassel?.......I think that's how it's spelled...
When I went to Cobleskill Ag & Tech in 1961 and 1963, Bessie would often invite me and Mary Ann over for dinner and I can still remember those chicken or turkey dinners with mashed potatoes and gravy.... makes me hungry to think of them....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Marilyn: Grandma made the best biscuit's and gravy in the world. Never could duplicate them. Have you checked the price of gas in 1963? I am sure those trips were not expensive. Wish I still had that kind of energy. We sure did a lot of traveling. "M"

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"