Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wednesday, January 22, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

January 22, 1964
Wednesday, rainy and cool.  I did some mending, over to Marilyns in afternoon a few minutes.  Marilyn and I went to prayer meeting.  Girls stayed with kids.  I wrote to Mrs. Mayo.
Comment: Does anyone "mend" or "darn" anymore? When I think about it, I remember Mom spending quite a lot of time at these chores and with all those kids, there was certainly lots of wear and tear on our clothes. Here is a picture from the internet that captures my memory of Mom mending in the better light by a window....it almost looks like our Mother.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"