Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 31, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


August 31, 1963
Saturday, nice day.  I cleaned house all throughout.  Boys went with Clifton to look at cars, gone all day.  Girls and I went to shower for Joan Hallock at night at Pearl's with Myrtie at night.
Comment:  Another weekend on the hill but chores and other work goes on.  The only day we did only mandatory chores like milking and livestock management was Sunday.  While I was there, I don't recall any vacation or excursion lasting overnight. But, at the time, it didn't seem to matter much and still doesn't.  There is a picture of the first three kids at the Catskill Game Farm and I in short pants. I hope I'm not wearing a diaper..... double click on the picture if you want to see it enlarged....



1 comment:

John Hubbard said...

Great photograph, I have never seen it before.

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"