Sunday, December 14, 2014

Wednesday, 14 December, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Wednesday, 14 December, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Cloudy, snow, 20's, about 5 to 6 inches of snow.  My head felt miserable.  I fixed 8 of soap.  Wrote more Christmas cards, Called Mother.
Comment:  Sounds like a tough day...more on hero Jim Harris....from Marna:  "Here is a picture of  my dad's silver and cedar "Hero Box" that he received after helping to rescue the Wally York family. They had a set of twins that were my age. He carried one of them out on his shoulders.The inside inscription of the box reads "Presented to Jim Harris December 5, 1966 In recognition of your heroism in coming to the aid of a fellow employee CALIFORNIA LIQUID GAS CORPORATION"
I was always so proud of him for this act! Now I realize it was very risky and probably foolish of them to do it! I am the kid that got to keep the box after my Dad died"


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"