Thursday, October 03, 2013

Sunday, October 3, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Sunday, October 3, 1965
Partly sunny, cool.  Girls and I went to church and Sunday school and Wayne and Laura went to Haskin reunion at Potter's Hollow.  Kids sang.  No church at night.  Mr. Mayo sick.  Girls went with Wayne and Laura to take Doug back.
Comment:  We were related to the Haskins through my father's mother who was Agnes Haskin, a much beloved member of the Flat Creek community...here she is with her mother, Sara "Tay" and sister Phebe....she died when I was about 8 years old.  I was taken to her deathbed so we could say goodbye.  I vividly remember she was taking massive, heaving breaths that shook the bed as her heart failed and she looked at me with loving, anguished eyes....she died just a little bit later.....she used to buy me new shoes whenever the ones I had became bedraggled....I remember several pairs....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"