Monday, October 14, 2013

Friday, October 15, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Friday, October 15, 1965
Warm, 60, cloudy and windy.  I washed but clothes didn't dry very good.  David went to Poughkeepsie looking for work.  Girls and I went to church at night and finished decorating for Anita's shower.
Comment:  I used to deliver milk from Prospect Dairies in Stamford to Poughkeepsie and Peekskill driving a reefer semi down along the Hudson River on Routes 9 and 9W.  Got $20 per day for about 10 hours of work and had to handle every damned ounce of that milk...but, that was pretty good money back then....here is my son David singing my song about those times....The air brake diaphragms I blew were on the same hill the limo recently ran down and killed twenty people....




Truck Driving Memories

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"