Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wednesday, December 30, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

December 30, 1964
Wednesday, snow nearly gone, warmer, 40's, still cloudy and overcast.  Gerald had a call from Ford Motors to see them Jan. 20th.  I didn't feel good.  Did ironing.  Sue and I went to prayer meeting at church.  David went to work at 6 but didn't work, came home 12.
Ford Logo In The Sixties
Comment: I was working toward a BS in Business Education from SUNY@Albany and interviewing for high school teaching jobs for after my January graduation. In December, my Dad brought to me an ad in Time magazine about Ford's College Graduate Training Program. The ad had a clip out coupon for name, address and phone number. I was not interested but he convinced me to send in the coupon resulting in a job interview with Ford on January 20...and that's was the extent of my job search outside the education area.....and the start of a quite lucky business career......

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"