Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Saturday, December 26. 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

December 26. 1964
Saturday, warm, 57 high, cloudy, rain.  I didn't feel good, didn't do much.  Gerald bought a car. Salesman was here 9:30 am with a Falcon.  LaVerne took Gerald and David to Troy after Simca to tow back to Central Bridge.  LaVerne was here at night.
Comment: I finally remember the car problems with the Simca that I had driven for about two years...it broke down and I traded it in on another car in Troy when my Dad had another sales guy from Central Bridge bring the Falcon around and it was such a good deal that I changed my mind about the car in Troy...much to the pissed off chagrin of the Troy car salesman. He was hollering and yelling all sorts of stuff as LaVerne, David and I hooked the Simca up to a tow bar and towed it back to Central Bridge to trade in on the Falcon...good decision, that Falcon ran very well for several years....

1 comment:

Gerry Hubbard said...

From William Hamel: My Falcon was white and two doors with a console between the front two seats that held a six pack and ice. It had carburetor trouble and it caught on file and I had to call the fire department. I traded it after that as I didn’t want to be going down the highway and have it explode.:)

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"