Saturday, October 06, 2012

Tuesday, October 6, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

October 6, 1964
Tuesday, fair and clear but cold, 25 - 50.  Hard frost.  I ironed and did mending and cleaned the house.  Clifton called at noon.  Lorraine called in pm.  Boys set up other pump outside.
Comment: Water problems again, seemed to be a constant problem.....this is Wayne helping me fix my bike and the well is to the right middle, hand-dug and not too reliable. In the background is our old Allis Chalmers C Tractor that we had for a very long time.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerald!
How are you & Maryann?
I am enjoying your writings of your mother's diary. I can invision where she always placed it on the kitchen window sill, by the kitchen table. Would you believe its been twelve years when she moved to Marlyn's.
I read yesterday's and you and your mother wrote about Wayne working on "Opel " What was the Ope?



Anonymous said...

The picture of you & Wayne fixing your bike, I remember Wayne told me about the time he used part of a garden hose for a bike tire. He said he went flying down the hill & the hose came off! HE landed in the ditch. HE got scrabbed up pretty good.




You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"