Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Friday, October 16, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

October 16, 1964
Friday, beautiful day, 80.  I cleaned house, washed windows, did mending cleaned up outside, cut flower stalks etc.  Clifton got home about 5 pm.  Girls and I went to church and heard Jewish speaker.  Lorraine called in am.  Clifton finished work at Eagle Bay.
Comment:  Sounds like she got a lot done, no mention of the water.  Seems like a lot of social contact with family and friends calling and visiting almost every day.  I don't seem to remember that amount of contact......and on this day 50 years ago:  AP Highlight in History:  On Oct. 16, 1962, the Cuban missile crisis began as President John F. Kennedy was informed that reconnaissance photographs had revealed the presence of missile bases in Cuba.  Here he is meeting with his advisors....I remember the time and recall I had a deep sense of foreboding that did not, however, seem to intrude too much on my daily activities.....


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"