Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Saturday, October 3, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaires

October 3, 1964
Saturday, fair and windy, 50's and 60's.  Home all day, did some baking.  Girls and I went to Church to business meeting at night.  Girls went to Stamford with the boys in pm.  David bought some clothes.  Gerald came home at night.  Dad worked on back door of the wood house.  Boys cut wood.
Comment:  Busy Saturday....getting ready for winter.....me with my '54 Opel in that era, bought that car for $87.50 and drove it about three years...best car in snow I ever had until now and my 4WD Outback.....notice the white socks, am I cool or what......

2 comments:

Tara Newell said...

Very cool. I would not expect anything less.

Anonymous said...

I should of read further! NOW I know;)! HERE is another story that Wayne told me. He said your father bought a new car ( I can't remember the year or make). He said you " boys" took it out and went to the Prattsville Tavern. Some drinks later, the car ended in a pool of water and barb wire. Somewhere by Pratt Rock!

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"