Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Friday, October 31, 1964


Saturday, sunny, 50's.  John Law came in am and had coffee with us.  Clifton and boys put ceiling up in wood house.  Sue and I finished picking up nuts.
Comment: John Law was a candidate for office and came by "electioneering" and although I do not recall this particular visit, I do remember other candidates coming around and also Dad "electioneering" for Gilboa Highway Superintendent. Electioneering usually meant visits to homes throughout the area and the candidates always brought all kinds of candy for the kids in the house. I remember the boxes of candy my Dad bought for the purpose and that was just about the only times I remember having lots of candy around the house. I went to school with Johnny Law's children: Patty who was one year ahead and Billy who was one year behind me in school. I just had contact with Billy through Facebook.....

Sue and Mom were probably picking up "butternuts" from the large tree just at the bottom of the hill. Underneath the greasy fibrous husk was a very rough and tough shell that to crack with out destroying the "meat" inside, had to be hit with a hammer on one end....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"