Thursday, May 05, 2011

May 6, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 6, 1963
Monday, nice warm day 60, no wind.  Begins to look quite green.   I washed and baked 2 batches of cookies.   Richard Bartholomew came and looked at cattle
.
Comment:  Not sure what is going on with the cattle.  Dad was raising some young stock for sale I guess.  Mom could whip up a batch of cookies almost at a minutes notice.  Her chocolate cookies with white icing were great with a glass of cold milk.... 
From Susan Re Concert at school:  Concert at school – Carol was in the band a few years playing clarinet – perhaps that was part of the concert event, and I was in the choir for some years, and I think Carol was as well.  But, I would have been 11 – so I was too young for choir, but Carol was old enough and probably a part of it.  :) Love - Susan
Carol and Susan, Susan's first day at school:

1 comment:

I am a long-time teacher of said...

Great picture. Really cute!

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"