Monday, September 14, 2015

Thursday, 14 September, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Thursday, 14 September, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Eighty two..clear.  I canned tomatoes and peas and ironed.  Marilyn, Jim and kids were here.  David started work at Timberland.  Gerald took milk to Norwich for Joe (Gallo)
Comment:  My first trip for Joe to Norwich was when he called me go with a driver who showed up too drunk to drive.  I had never driven a tractor-trailer rig, only ten-wheeler dump trucks.  Joe said no problem so I did took the trip and it went ok.  At our last stop, the driver went to a bar and was holding up our return trip.  The guys at the stop were urging me to leave him behind but I did not, and waited about another half hour before he showed up..he was surprised I did not leave him and I'd made a friend for life....here is Joe in the 1938 Gilboa Reflector, the year I was born....he is number 35...I'll bet he took a lot of shit back then for his Italian heritage....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"