Friday, September 11, 2015

Monday, 11 September, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Monday,  11 September, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Cloudy and showery, humid and hot.  Madelyn, Louise and I went to Oneonta after draperies for the church.  Dottie Pickett had a baby girl.
Comment:  Except for Dottie's birth, certainly not a momentous day as it would be 39  years later.  Or for that matter, 38 years later on 9.11.2000 when I was on my bike and go hit by a car and spent three weeks in the hospital and about eighteen months in recovery. During the 911 attack,  I was on an exercise bike in our local YMCA still recovering  and my home nurse, after hearing on the car radio about the attack, got scared and came into the Y to be with people.  She saw me and we spent the next hour watching the towers come down....Here is a tribute to the heroes on that day...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"