Friday, September 26, 2014

Monday, 26 September, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Monday, 26 September, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Nice day, cool and windy, 50's.  I did a big wash and did a crate of cauliflower.  David worked for Earl and went to National Guard at night.
Comment:  I guess she canned a crate of cauliflower.  LaVerne used to haul cauliflower from the Imer Conroe farm next to where the Rendezvous "beer joint", (as my mother would say) used to be which was run by Imer's son and wife for a long time in the 50's and 60's.  He took it to the NY markets and I went with him several times on some hair raising trips down and up Palenville Mountain.  Imer was an alcoholic and I remember him sitting in a booth at the Rendezvous briefing LaVerne and I on a trip and also telling us how sick the drugs used to make him when he was in rehab..sounded like tough duty.....we also hauled brussel sprouts by the truckload.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"