Sunday, June 15, 2014

Wednesday, June 15 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Wednesday, June 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Nice day, cool, 60's.  I took Rambler to Grand Gorge for tires.  Went up to Wayne's, they came over for dinner and supper.  Wayne shampooed my rug in front room.
Comment:  At the time, Wayne was working for Sears as a carpet salesman so probably had some expertise for the task...somehow when I think of this,  I'm reminded of one of his regrets that he talked about when I saw him for the last time in northern Virginia as he was dying: He said "I wished I'd gone to college"....and he was certainly smart enough to do it....Wayne as a toddler in the front porch of the Gilboa house about 1948 or so....Dad was the Gilboa
Highway Superintendent at the time...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"