Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tuesday, 28 June 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Tuesday, 28 June 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Hot, eighties, clear.  Sue and I went to VBS.  David and Mary went to Pine Lake.  Sue went to Sunday School picnic at Leonard Reynolds at night.  Stewart Mace was here in the afternoon.  I voted in the primary at night.  Clifton worked with the bulldozer.  I picked berries for short cake.
Comment: I think Stewart is doing the hay.  I can almost taste that wild strawberry short cake that Mom used to make...here is us partying at Pine Lake.  We may have drank a little beer then....Mary Ann, Mary Briggs, Mary Hallenbeck, Anella Aguilera hoisting a few...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"