Monday, September 16, 2013

Thursday, September 16, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Thursday, September 16, 1965
Cloudy most all day, some sun around noon, cool 60 degrees.  Tracy and Louvilla went with me to Grand Gorge after pig feed in am.  I had sick headache.  Wayne and Laura here 3:30 pm.  Wayne bought banjo and gave me $20 to send to Marilyn.  Sue and I went to prayer meeting at nite.
Comment:  Just realized why they had to go after pig feed so often.  They did not have enough money to buy enough to feed the pigs for several weeks.  I forget how strapped for money they often were, living hand to mouth almost all the time...here is how the old barn looked from the front porch....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"