Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Saturday, September 11, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Saturday, September 11, 1965 
Cloudy and cooler becoming warmer and fair in pm.  Clifton had to work.  Doug went with Wayne in am and girls and I picked him up at LaVerne's.  Sue and I went to Grand Gorge and did shopping.
Comment:  An uneventful 9.11 unlike years 2000 and 2001.  In 2000, I was hit by a car while on my bicycle and spent the next 21 days in the hospital and of course, one year later, the terrorist attack.  On that day, I was watching the events unfold in the Madison YMCA on an exercise bike, still in a leg cast from subsequent operations.  My rehab nurse who I had not seen for about a year was driving by the Y, became scared and came in to be around people, saw me, and we watched the second tower come down together.  Here is the finest song I know honoring the first responders:  And a side note: September 11, 2017, I was in hospital recovering from a triple by-pass op, and this year 2023, I tested positive for COVID-19.

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"