Monday, November 19, 2012

Thursday, November 19, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diairies

November 19, 1964
Thursday, windy, 28-32, cloudy, started to snow 10:30 am and turned to rain.  David and Wayne left for Va. 8 am.  Clifton and I put on storm windows on girl's rooms and tightened up cellar.  I cleaned wood house  and wrote to Marilyn.  Clifton made leaf for desk in pm and I did some ironing.
Comment:  I guess David and Wayne heading for Virginia to pick up Doug.  Here is the desk Dad made the leaf for...I'm remembering it was hand made as a wedding gift for Mom and Dad by Grover Haner, a distant relative that lived toward South Mountain..  I remember it when it was painted black...I think Dad refinished it.....Marilyn and LaVerne might know better....... "At his battered home-made desk I still can see my dad, as he pulled old bills from pigeon holes and paid with what he had"....from "The Milk Check"...   

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"