Saturday, October 08, 2011

Tuesday, October 8, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


October 8, 1963
Tuesday.  Cool, cloudy clearing in the pm.  Doug, David and I went N.J. After Elle Mae, home 4:30pm, she went to Middleburgh.
Comment: Doug still home from Navy on a pass. Ella Mae's husband died a month or so ago so they are bringing her to her relatives in Middleburgh. I don't think I have any pictures of her but here is some information about her from a previous post: "Ella Mae could be considered my mother's step-mother after a fashion, because she was once married to Norman Van Tassell, the man Mom's mother Bessie married after her divorce from Mom's father, Clarence Barber, who then married Bessie's sister, Margaret, or Billie.  Kinda like "I'm My Own Grandpa" but not quite....  


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"