Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sunday October 27, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


October 27, 1963
Sunday, first showers since Oct. 3.  Beautiful day, 70, becoming cloudy in pm and light showers at night.  Girls and I went to church and Sunday school,  Howard's, Lorraine and Marsha called in afternoon.  Girls and I went to church at night and they had birthday party for Joyce Bailey and me at Church Hall after service.
Comment: From the phrasing not sure that Howard Vaughn was with Lorraine and Marsha and not sure what their son Roger, was doing. Mom's birthday, she was born on this day in 1913 so she is fifty years old. To learn more about the life of Frances Marietta Hubbard, here are several links for your perusal:

A 1929 newspaper article about Mom's surprise sixteenth birthday party:


Susan Hubbard Ciacci's Memories Of Her Mother:

Here is what Susan emailed when she saw this posting: Hi All!  What I’ve wanted to say since I wrote my tribute to Mom, was that while I was at her funeral, sitting in Flat Creek Baptist Church in Gilboa, New York – I looked out the window and saw the “tower mountain” – which was the direction Mom’s body was facing in the casket – and I thought then that her life came to a full circle – as she spent her final years in California – then back home, to Flat Creek Baptist, and in the shadow of Hubbard Mountain.

Love you all - Susan


And her Grand daughter, Marna Suzann Ford's Poem: Grandma


Here is a picture of her and her family about 1935
Frances Marietta, Clifton LaVerne, Clifton John


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"