Monday, November 18, 2013

Friday, November 19, 1965, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Friday, November 19, 1965
Cloud, light snow in am.  I washed. Roberta, John and I went after Doug 10 am.  Home 130 pm.  I had a sick headache in am. Girls went to basketball game at night.  Clifton home late, laid off in Albany.
Comment:  Her under scoring.   Does not sound like a nice day.  I think "home late" is code for a bender that he sometimes went on and being laid off does not help, especially when combined with a sick headache..and trip to Kingston to pick up Doug.  Good thing Roberta was there to help out....Mom as an infant with mother Bessie....


1 comment:

Gerry Hubbard said...

From Sister Marilyn: I am sure all the goings on gave her a headache. She was tough in so many ways, and so hard working. Blessed be her memory

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"