Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thursday, July 16, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

July 16, 1964
Thursday, hot and humid. I finished ironing, Sue went to swimming lessons.  Enke's house arrived on trailer truck and they broke the electric wires.  Girls and I went to Baptist camp at night, good speaker.  Gerald left for Brighton Mass 11 pm.
The Elmer Hubbard House
Comment: Enkes were our closest neighbors to the west and originally lived in the Elmer Hubbard House but then put a manufactured home about a half mile further east on Hubbard Road. I'm sure losing the electricity was a pain. I'm hauling charcoal and it will be a long trip.....

1 comment:

I am a long-time teacher of said...

Cool pic. I like the angle and how the reflection on the gloss of the original photo gives a sunshine effect.

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"