Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Friday, July 24, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

July 24, 1964
Friday, hot and humid, 80's. Clifton went to work at Selkirk.  Wayne got license for his car.  David went to try for his class 1 license and didn't wait for the truck.  Girls and I went to Middleburgh shopping with Wayne's car.  Liz came home with us and went to camp at night.
Comment: Aah.. the Class 1 license which meant one could drive anything on the roads, mostly 18 wheelers. Not sure when the requirement went in but my Class 1 was grandfathered in from driving truck in the early 60's. I lost it when I forgot to renew my license when I moved to Ohio in 1973 and have always regretted it.....I still sometimes would like to take a trip in a big rigc.and one more time...my Truck Driving Memories performed by David Hubbard......click link below to play the song...
.http://hubbardfamilymusic.blogspot.com/2011/04/0-plays-truck-driving-ive-hauled-bark.html

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"