Saturday, January 04, 2014

Wednesday, January 5, 1966 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Wednesday, January 5, 1966
Nice day, upper 30 s.  Clifton and I went to Albany with Wayne and Laura about noon to look for furniture.  Home about 430 pm.  I had sore mouth on one side.
Comment:  Newly marrieds setting up house.....An old picture of the now Route 30 near Blenheim along the Schoharie Creek heading towards Middleburgh.  I don't remember when it wasn't paved but I hauled a lot of charcoal hell bent for leather down the paved road.  Maxi Stryker put a semi full of charcoal into the ditch just below this, probably in 1965.  He wasn't hurt, I think he went to sleep.....I remember it laying on it's side as I came through and Reggie Waters was at the scene remarking how lucky he was.....


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"