Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sunday, February 21, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

February 21, 1965
Sunday, no snow, partly cloudy and warmer, 50 high.  Girls and I went to church and Sunday school.  Clifton, Sue, Patty and I started for Carlisle to church at night.  We got near Cobleskill but it was so icy we turned around and came home.
Comment:  I was actually born in Carlisle, NY in the house Grandma Bessie and Norm were living in while they were working as tenant farmers.  LaVerne, Marilyn and I were all born outside of hospitals.  This might be the place where I was born......This is Mom with me as a baby and Marilyn and LaVerne probably in 1939 at my Grandmother's place...a rather stylish bunch...the badge on LaVerne's cap is an old deer hunting license badge of my Dad's......

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"