Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Names & Faces


Faces Posted by Picasa

Names & Faces

Bobby Mace, Rudy Timm, I wonder where these folks have been
Doug Van Aken, Ernie Bevins, some are now in hell or heaven

Hartford Keith, Old Black Burt, Oscar Smith & Dirty Girt
Shirley Richmond, bent & old, Sonny Saup, lean and bold

Ote & Myrtie, Prattsville girls, some of them sure rocked my world
Gerhardt Goodmonk, brother Johnnie, Wild Bill’s kids, one named Ronnie

Kenny Clark, Joe Campenella, young and cool Italian fella
Earnest Breadsley, Franklin Brown, lived around the Gilboa Town

Tom & Betty, Doris & Paul, all the Haskins, cousins all.
Jimmy Cushman from the city, the Gehrken girls all sweet & pretty.

Hayward Newcomb, Earnest Lee, man I sure would like to see
How they lived and how they fared, how they failed and how they dared

This list is long, the memories warm, as life gets further from the farm.
These folks were context, background, texture, and who’d forget Prof Peckham’s lectures.

In this brief flash of light & glee, bounded by eternity,
I hope they lived and danced and laughed and picked sweet flowers as they passed.

And as my dreams and memories blur, I see them still as they once were.
And as my dreams and memories blur, I see them still as they once were……...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"